Hummer Foto Feeder™

Hummer Foto Feeder™
All Products are Here

2010-09-03

Hummer News – Vol. 13 – September 2010



That time of year...

.

I did everything I could to avoid the inevitable – I turned all the calendars, that faced outside windows, around in the hopes my daily visitors would miss the turn from August to September and freshened every nectar tube every day…Nonetheless, in the course of about five days or so after I last wrote about the most copious visits ever, all the activity here has dwindled to a very low rate. In addition, just like LuvHummers observed on the blog, the incredible numbers of yellow jackets just plain disappeared. I know my visitors need to leave each year to be safe and be able to return next year and I also know that for a while, I will have a lot of vagabonds on their way home from farther north. It’s not over for quite a few weeks yet here, but I start to envy those of you who have the year round seasons. But, I suppose having something to look forward to through the long cold winter. Hurricane Earl is due around here later tonight, but should only be a category one hurricane or possibly just a tropical storm by the time it arrives.


The hummers that are still around are enjoying lots of hibiscus blooms, as well as a couple of fully blossomed butterfly bushes. So, it is a quieter time now and I guess that’s not bad either as we settle into the last weeks of astronomical summer, even as the Labor Day weekend signals the return to schools and offices for many. I hope you all enjoy a safe, peaceful and fun weekend, as we enter this time of transition.


Blog invitation…


Please remember you are always welcome here at the blog as a reader, commenter or full-privileged contributor. I will be happy to invite you as a contributor if you just send me an email so I know you are interested.


Soak in our late summer Hummer experiences!!


Copyright 2010, Merritt Communications, Inc. – All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday I was blessed with quite a few sightings after a five day drop. It amazes me that no matter how many times I see a hummer, I feel, still, like it is my first time. I continue to hope to get more before Oct. comes, as I leave my feeders out until about the 15th. Then I nest down for the winter with my two wonderful pugs, Milo and Buddy and await next spring when my sky jewels are back. Have a great long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone...well it is slowing happening...my feeders stay full and very little sightings..I know it is time for them to make their way to warmer climates (wish I was going with them LOL) but I will continue to keep feeders out for my strays until Oct. comes. But the good news is once spring comes my joy starts again!

    ReplyDelete