Hummer Foto Feeder™

Hummer Foto Feeder™
All Products are Here

2010-08-22

Hummer News – Vol. 12 – August 2010

Why We Do It All…

Between 7:00 and 8:30 am yesterday morning I luxuriated in hummer activity more varied and constant than I may have ever experienced before here at home. First, when my eyes first opened, I saw a hummer feeding at my second story, bedroom window, and right over my pillow. After she left, I turned and looked down into the yard under my window and immediately spied an active male visiting freshly blossomed weeds I can’t even name.


So, I went out to the yard and, during the next ninety minutes, the reason for the season’s many hours of preparation and maintenance was made abundantly clear. As we approach September, I am guessing that we are beginning to see migrators from the far north begin to pass through again for the first time since early spring because of the increased number of birds exhibiting “curiosity” behavior as they check out flowers, feeders and the rest. I witnessed virtually non-stop visits at all my feeders, as well as lots of visits to the hibiscus, butterfly bushes and the mister. Because of our extended drought conditions, the mister has been especially popular. I returned into the house for breakfast, after my extended and magical hummer meditations, peaceful, refreshed and spiritually uplifted. What better was is there to start the day than that?


Blog Activity


Thanks to the contributions of both old and new members of our hummer family, this blog has some great new entries. Among them are some ideas for managing yellow jackets and wasps, a perennial problem this time of year in many areas. I can say I have tried a couple ideas and am finding great success so far. So, I urge you to check out the recent posts and comments that follow below.

Please remember you are always welcome at this blog as a reader, commenter or full-privileged contributor. I will be happy to invite you as a contributor if you just send me an email so I know you are interested.


May you all also have august, August Hummer experiences!!


Copyright 2010, Merritt Communications, Inc. – All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment